The Investor Services Department is primarily responsible for maintaining a fund's share register. Involving the maintenance of key investor account information, recording & classification of investors.
The Investor Services Department (also known as the Transfer Agency Department) is primarily responsible for maintaining a fund's share register. This involves the maintenance of key investor account information, the recording and classification of investors in accordance with key industry declarations and requirements, and the processing of all investor dealing instructions if accordance with a fund's offering memorandum. The Investor Services Department effectively becomes the main contact point for a fund's investors, dealing with their queries, processing their subscription and redemption requests, and money movements in an out of the fund account.
As the Investor Services Department is at the front line in dealing with investors, it is also responsible for ensuring all appropriate Anti-Money Laundering / Client Identification procedures are implemented and adhered to at all times.
The objective of this role is to participate in a team effort to review investor AML documentation to ensure BNP Paribas is compliant with our regulatory requirements at all times whereby responsibilities include gathering, reviewing and interpreting investor identity documents for various entity types; communication with hedge fund clients and investors; entering and maintaining AML data on transfer agency systems and liaising with various internal BNP Paribas teams.
1. Perform AML / KYC due diligence on a range of institutional investor types with different legal structures from all jurisdictions to support the Hedge Fund Administration business.
2. Reporting to Investors and Investment Managers (Hedge Fund Clients) at various intervals during completion of the AML / KYC clearing process.
3.Respond to standard queries and requests from investors in a timely and efficient manner.
4. Work to tight deadlines, particularly at month end, to ensure investor AML / KYC due diligence is fully completed on time with complete accuracy.
5. Regularly revisit investor files to ensure the AML / KYC documentation is in line with current standards.
6. Work closely with Investor Services AML Manager and AML team on various team projects and initiatives as a result of amended legislation, as appropriate.
7. Keep up to date on current Anti Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing legislation, and understand how it affects our business.
8. Work closely with Compliance Department on a daily basis to review any investors who appear on their sanctions screening list overnight.
Requirements for the Role
Suitable candidates for the role will demonstrate the following:
Third Level qualification ideally specializing in business or finance.
Minimum of Two/Three Years’ Experience in Fund Administration
Experience and understanding of Irish Criminal Justice Act and AML / KYC account opening
Experience in Alternative Transfer Agency Operations
In depth understanding of typical legal structures including partnerships, corporations, trusts etc.
Experience in use of MS OfficeExperience of working with a Transfer Agency System an advantage
Hard working Team Player who likes to work within and contribute to an organizational team structure
Attention to detail is essential
Adaptability : ability to adapt to and work within a dynamic professional environment
Keen awareness of Client Service standards and Relationship Management skills
Strong Communication Skills
Please enter your email address
Please enter your email address