The position of Admissions Administrator, reporting to the Office Manager, has responsibility for providing a professional and comprehensive administrative service associated with the admission and recruitment of Students within the Office.
The position of Admissions Administrator, reporting to the Office Manager, has responsibility for providing a professional and comprehensive administrative service associated with the admission and recruitment of Students within the Office. This may be the recruitment of Domestic, International or European students.
Specific responsibilities of the Admissions Administrator will include:
- Responsible for the administration processes associated with recruitment and admission of students
- Analysis of student academic qualifications to assess suitability for admission onto third level programmes.
- Provision of Educational Guidance and Advice to prospective students.
- Ensuring that the Quality Assurance of DBS is protected and maintained at all times.
- Ensuring that all applications are entered and updated accordingly on student information system (CRM), ensuring that internal processes are adhered to and student files are maintained.
- Ensuring all relevant admissions emails/letters from students are dealt with efficiently and effectively and in a timely manner.
- Enter all lead information onto CRM.
- Issuing of all letters, offers and other relevant documentation to eligible applicants.
- Liaising with all applicants regarding status of their application on a daily basis.
- Phone calls to all enquiries/leads are followed up on a weekly basis or as required.
- Follow up phone calls to applications at all stages are completed weekly or as required, depending on time of the year.
- Answer queries/providing information on the telephone and following up phone calls by sending out the relevant printed information/literature.
- Deal with personal callers to the Admissions Office.
- Attending open events/exhibitions/fairs/schools representing DBS as part of the student recruitment process as required. Some of these may be in the evening or weekends.
- Attendance at Course Registrations/Information Sessions for programmes as required.
- Additional administrative and marketing tasks as delegated by management.
The management of successful working relationships will be an integral aspect of the role and includes:
- Regular interaction with the rest of the team in the Admissions Office
- Co-operation with Registrar’s Office and/or the Professional School, School of Business & Law and School of Arts
The Admissions Administrator will report directly to the Office Manager.
- Organisational and administrative skills.
- Proven ability to communicate information to the public in an effective and professional manner.
- Excellent Interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Good computer & keyboard skills, preferably including word processing, databases, spread-sheets.
- Ability to work effectively and accurately under pressure.
- Ability to prioritise and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team to achieve goals and objectives.
- Flexible approach to work.
All appointments are subject to passing Garda Vetting.
This job description is a guide to the work the post holder will initially be required to undertake. It may be amended from time to time to meet changing circumstances by mutual agreement. It is expected that the job description will be reviewed regularly by the post-holder and their manager.
To apply please use the link below.