Senior Linux Administrator - Linux Systems administrator - Excellent client based Dublin Central.
Senior Linux Administrator
They're currently recruiting a Senior Linux Administrator to support our Unix/Linux based server farm, our networks, and our office IT infrastructure. The successful candidate will work as an integral part of the System Administration team to securely administer the Company’s computing systems and networks and ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organisational values and policies.
Key responsibilities - Senior Linux Administrator:
- Configuration, installation and maintenance of network devices such as switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, VPN servers;
- Configuration, installation and maintenance of a variety of test and production servers such as web servers, databases, mail servers. We have hundreds of servers distributed across multiple international locations; the operating systems used are OpenBSD (on firewalls) and Linux CentOS (on everything else);
- Creating and documenting the systems configuration and operations;
- To provide general technical assistance as required in the software and hardware diagnostics across the platforms (PC, Macintosh and Unix equipment) in the company. This includes direct involvement in all aspects of installation, upgrades and maintenance.
Essential Skills - Senior Linux Administrator :
- Significant experience in managing Unix systems (Linux and OpenBSD);
- A strong background in installing, configuring and using free software/open source packages such as
Subversion, Postfix, Apache and similar ones;
- Proven experience with firewall and networking technologies;
- Significant experience in using and programming Unix shells;
- Meticulous in configuring and documenting systems to the highest standard;
- Willingness to run the IT in a free software/open source environment;
- Excellent problem solving capabilities;
- The ability to work independently as well as part of team;
- Excellent organisation skills e.g. ability to prioritise and multi task and complete the project within defined timescales.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Willingness to learn and develop personal skills;
- A can-do proactive approach to work and a willingness to help others use IT effectively.
HOW TO APPLY: - Senior Linux Administrator
If you are interested in this role – please apply for this role with your updated CV and I will be in touch to discuss your application in detail. Or for a confidential discussion and insight into this client and role please reach out to Peter at Eolas.
SIMILAR ROLES OPEN – Senior Linux Administrator
As a dedicated IT Recruitment Agency, we also have a number of similar permanent and contract roles open. The above role may not be an exact match for your experience, salary or daily rate expectations etc. However, we would like you to reach out in order to discuss other roles we are currently recruiting for in similar fields. Also please feel free to view our website for more jobs and details about us.
Tags: Linux Systems Administrator - Linux Administrator - Senior Linux Administrator