Last updated 01/10/09
We at IrishJobs.ie care about your privacy and we respect your privacy rights.
How we Collect Information on IrishJobs.ie
Uses Made of the Information
Disclosure of your Information to Other People
Security and Control of your Personal Data
Links to Third Party Websites
IP Addresses and Cookies
Access to Information and Updating, Verifying and Deleting Personal Data
User Feedback and Complaints
- Our website IRISHJOBS.IE which includes any webpage containing this domain name, including any page that is enabled for use by a mobile device or any webpage redirected from another domain name (the “Website" ) and the services provided on the Website (for a more complete description of the services see our Terms and Conditions ) (the "IrishJobs.ie Service ") are operated by IrishJobs.ie , South Block The Malthouse, Grand Canal Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland (" we ", "us " and "our "). The Website and the IrishJobs.ie Service help people find, advertise, apply for or express interest in vacancies, and provide employment, consultant or contractor related information.
- This policy, our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to in either of them set out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. If you are a Customer (i.e. a recruiter) then the IrishJobs.ie Customer Terms also form part of your agreement with us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
return to top
IrishJobs.ie is committed to protecting the information you provide us with. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of information under our control, IrishJobs.ie has appropriate security management systems in place to safeguard the information we collect.
Firewalls, Intrusion Detection and Virus Scanners are used on all parts of the IrishJobs.ie website. Encryption during transmission is also used on sections of the site where security is particularly important.
While IrishJobs.ie makes every effort to protect all personal information, we recognise that unfortunately no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result IrishJobs.ie cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, you do so at your own risk.
return to top
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ON IRISHJOBS.IE
- When registering as a user of the Website or during your time as a user of the Website you will be asked to provide information to us. We will inform you at the time of collecting information from you whether you must provide the information to use the Website or a particular IrishJobs.ie Service, or whether the provision of information requested by us is optional . We will inform you at the time of collecting information from you whether the information that you provide to us will be accessible to other users of the Website or by third parties, so that you can decide whether to provide the information to us.
- We may collect and process the following data about you:
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- information that you submit in response to surveys or polls;
- details of applications for employment positions that you make using the Website;
- details of resumes or curricula vitae which you make available on the Website for third parties to browse in connection with employment, consultant or contractor positions;
- details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
- proof of identity that we request from you before we disclose personal information to you that we hold (in order to establish that we are disclosing the personal data to you and not to someone pretending to be you); and
- personal details that you submit to us, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, gender and date of birth.
return to top
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
- IrishJobs.ie's Customers post information about employment, consultant or contractor vacancies on the Website, whether on their own behalf or, if a recruitment or consultancy, on behalf of third parties (“Job Specifications"). These Job Specifications can then be accessed and read by other users of the Website. You can search for registered Customers of the Website, whether they are direct employers or agencies. IrishJobs.ie does not vet or monitor the Job Specifications in terms of their terms and conditions applicable to the use of your personal information.
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide registered Customers of the Website with the information that you submit to the Website in response to a Job Specification. Submission of information by you to a particular Job Specification is treated by us to be permission to forward to that information to the Customer or Customers that have posted that Job Specification only;
- if you choose to be a registered user of the Website, we will display details of the personal information about you that you submit to the Website for registered Customers of the Website, so that Customers are able to evaluate whether you are a suitable candidate for a vacant position (whether or not a Job Specification); you will be able to control the type of personal information about you which will be displayed in this way through your user account;
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also use your email address to send you updates or news regarding the Website or a IrishJobs.ie Service, but you may choose not to receive emails of this type by accessing your "My Career Manager Account" page of the Website and updating your notification settings . Additionally, we or a registered Customer may use your email address to contact you where you are a registered user or if you have responded to a Job Specification.
return to top
IrishJobs.ie vacancy advertising clients are given the option to have a profile page on site. This includes information related to their company such as; company logo, contact details, company profile, web address and related links. This information is disclosed for your convenience and information, however if you access some of the links and web addresses disclosed on these pages, you will leave the IrishJobs.ie website.
Some IrishJobs.ie clients are advertised on site under featured employer member pages; which means IrishJobs.ie host a number of their web pages on our server to provide users with an experience similar to the recruiter's own website.
There are featured links on these member pages, which when accessed you will leave the IrishJobs.ie domain.
My Career Manager
My Career Manager is a facility on IrishJobs.ie for jobseekers to set up their individual job search requirements (job alerts) and register their CV online;
The Job Alert service matches a jobseeker's requirements for employment with the profile of vacancies advertised on our site. For jobseekers who subscribe to this service, you receive an email listing of those jobs which match the criteria you have registered. Vacancies that match this criterion by 50% or more are sent in the form of a job alert. You decide how often you wish to receive these alerts and can change your search criteria at any time.
Profile and CVs
Jobseekers may decide to register their Profile and/or CV in our database, through My Career Manager. Users can choose to make their Profile and/or CV searchable for inclusion in our CV database product. This product allows your Profile and/or CV to be viewed by recruiters who have subscribed to this service. It also means that you can attach your CV to your online job application(s).
You may choose from the following options when uploading your CV
Keep Profile and/or CV Private – Select this option is you wish to store your Profile and/or CV in your account but don't want recruiters to find your Profile and/or CV . Employers can contact you if you choose to make your Profile and/or CV searchable.
Allow recruiters to search this Profile and/or CV Select this option if you want recruiters to find your Profile and/or CV .
We endeavour to grant access to the CV database only to recruiters who agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions . However, should a third party gain access to your Profile and/or CV by evading our security measures, we cannot be held responsible.
You may remove your Profile and/or CV from our database at any time. However, recruiters who have already accessed Profile and/or CV may have kept a copy of it in their own files. Please note that we cannot be held responsible for the retention, use, or privacy of your details in these instances.
In the interest of your privacy and the maintenance of an up-to-date CV database, CVs are removed from the IrishJobs.ie CV database if they have not been updated for a period of 7 years. If you wish your CV to remain in the searchable database, you must update your details at least once every 7 years
Career Update Service
The Career Update service within My Career Manager offers users the ability to register their personal details to receive a monthly email detailing career information and site service information.
If, at any time, you do not wish to remain a registered user of any of the above facilities within My Career Manager, you can unsubscribe and/or delete your personal information from our databases. IrishJobs.ie also offers you the ability to change at any time the personal information you give during registration
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION TO OTHER PEOPLE
- Except as set out in this Policy, we do not disclose to any third party personal information that you provide to us unless we have your permission or we believe the law permits or requires it.
- If you provide personal information to us you understand and agree that we may disclose your personal information to third parties expressly mentioned in this Policy and the following third parties:
- if you have indicated at registration, or at any time during your time as a user of the Website, that you are happy to receive information or promotions from selected third parties about goods and services which may be of interest to you, you consent to us sending you such offers or information. You may opt out of receiving such offers or change your preferences at any time by accessing the “Email notifications" tab on the "Your Account" page of the Website or alternatively, if you have problems doing this, you can contact us ;
- any member of our group of companies, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries;
- to the prospective seller or buyer of any business or assets related to the Website or all or part of IrishJobs.ie Limited;
- to a third party if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data with that third party in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of IrishJobs.ie Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with third parties for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We will notify you when information about you may be provided to third parties in ways other than explained above, and you will have the option to prevent such information sharing at the time that we notify you.
- We do not disclose personal information about you to third parties (including advertisers or marketing companies), but we may provide them with aggregate anonymised information about the Website's users. For example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have registered as users of the Website, or we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit a particular Job Specification on the Website, the demographic breakdown of our registered users of the Website or the activities that visitors to the Website engage in while on the Website. We may also use such aggregate anonymised information to help Customers improve their Job Specifications.
return to top
SECURITY AND CONTROL OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You must not to share your Website password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will endeavour to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to endeavour to prevent unauthorised access. You acknowledge that we are not responsible for any intercepted information sent via the Internet, and you hereby release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of intercepted information in any unauthorised manner.
- You should be aware that when you disclose personally identifiable information and agree to make that information available to our Customers on the Website (e.g. by submitting a CV to a recruiter Customer using the Website) that the information disclosed in your communication may be used by the Customer. These third parties may use your information (for example they may contact you, arrange an interview with you, review your suitability for a particular position) and such third activities are beyond our control.
- As a registered user of the Website and/or the IrishJobs.ie Service, you can modify your personal information at any time by accessing your ‘'My Career Manager Account" section of the Website or alternatively if you have problems doing this, you can contact us . It is your responsibility to keep your personal information up to date at all times.
return to top
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, Customers, advertisers and affiliates as well as third party websites to which we have no affiliation. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
- We also use third party advertisements to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise
on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP ,
the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes or showing
certain ads based on specific sites visited.
return to top
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
- We may collect information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, statistical purposes. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. On revisiting the Website our computer server will recognise the cookie, giving us information about your last visit. They help us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Website according to your individual interests and make your usage of the Website more enjoyable; and
- to speed up your searches.
- For more information about how our cookies work click here.
- For information on how to control your cookies go to www.allaboutcookies.org .
return to top
ACCESS TO INFORMATION AND UPDATING, VERIFYING AND DELETING PERSONAL DATA
- At any time, you can make a written request to have access to all the personal information that we hold about you. We will provide this information to you and may request a small administrative charge.
- You may inform us of any changes in your personal data and in accordance with our obligations to you, we will update or delete your personal data accordingly.
return to top
To provide the best user experience IrishJobs.ie may invite you to provide us with information regarding your personal or professional interests and experiences with our products or services. Providing this additional information is optional.
return to top
Copyright is implied irrespective of whether a copyright symbol or a copyright statement is displayed. Content on the IrishJobs.ie website can be downloaded for personal non-commercial use . Where use of other materials is desired the source must first approve and also be acknowledged.
Permission to reproduce the IrishJobs.ie copyright does not extend to any material on this site which may be the property of a third party. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned.
return to top
return to top
USER FEEDBACK AND COMPLAINTS
return to top